Employer: Swim Ireland
Contract type: Full time
Contract duration: Fixed term - through to August 2024
As part of the next evolvement of its Performance strategy for the Paris 2024 Olympic cycle and beyond, Swim Ireland Performance are seeking to appoint a suitably qualified and experienced Head of Performance Analysis. This post will be based at the Sport Ireland Campus in Dublin and the postholder will work with Ireland’s National Centre’s for swimming and on National Teams in both swimming and diving from September 2021.
The successful candidate will be driven to develop, improve and advance the Performance programme through the use of analysis techniques that bring data to life and provides novel insights to the performance of athletes at all levels of our Performance programme.
Reporting to the National Performance Director and the National Head Coaches (both Swimming and Diving), it is anticipated that the Head of Performance Analysis will be a member of the Performance Senior Leadership Team and will be involved in driving and delivering the Performance Plan throughout the Paris 2024 Olympic Cycle.
Working in conjunction with the Head of Physical Preparation, the successful candidate will liaise with our partners in Sport Ireland and Sport Northern Ireland to ensure the requisite performance support services are in place and are aligned to achieve maximum impact in our quest to deliver consistent and systemic international podium success.
- Degree level qualification in relevant field (e.g. Sports Science, Kinesiology, Human Movement) or equivalent
- Experience working within a Performance sport environment
- Experience in the collection, analysis, interpretation and presentation of Performance Data in the enhancement of sporting performance
- Effective time management and a proven ability to work within a team and independently
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Self-starter and proactive attitude
- Excellent computer literacy skills
- Higher degree (MSc or PhD) level qualification in relevant field (e.g. Performance Analysis)
- Experience working within a Performance swimming environment
- Experience in coaching swimming
- Experience working with data visualisation packages (e.g. Power Bi, Tableau)
- Experience using statistical software packages (e.g. SPSS, R, Python)
- Experience of working with Kitman
- Recognised First Aid and CPR certification
How to Apply:
Applications should be made by submitting the following to Swim Ireland Performance Manager firstname.lastname@example.org
A cover letter to include a personal statement addressing the essential criteria, and why the applicant believes that their skills, experience and values meet the requirements of the position
A comprehensive CV relevant to the position, including three referees, one of whom must be their current employer The closing date for applications is 1200 GMT on Friday 06/08/2021 with interviews currently scheduled for Friday 27/08/2021. This is a full-time position, with a proposed start period late September – mid October as part of an initial three-year fixed term contract through to and including August 2024
All applications will be treated with the utmost confidentiality
Full details and a comprehensive Job Description are available at https://www.swimireland.ie/news/vacancy-head-of-p...