BASES Expert Statement Grants - deadline 1 October
3rd September 2018
Expert Statement Grants
Number Offered: Up to 4 each year
Value of Grants: Up to a total of £1,000
Target BASES Membership Category: Professional
Application Closing Date: 1 May, 1 October
Results Available: Within 10 weeks of the application closing date
Aim of grant
The BASES Expert Statement Grants aim to assist the development of expert statements on broad topics, related to the application of scientific principles to sport and exercise science, about which there is interest, confusion, or controversy. The statements are to be written for all persons interested in sport and/or exercise sciences and answer the following questions: What is the role of sport and/or exercise science within this topic? Why is this topic important? What are the issues and what evidence is available? What conclusions can be drawn?
- The applicant must be a Professional member of BASES.
- The applicant must have read the Terms and Conditions of the BASES Expert Statement Grants.
- The applicant must not have applied for an Expert Statement Grant within the last 12 months.
- The applicant must submit the BASES Expert Statement Grant application form. Only information contained within the application form will be considered.
- Each application is assessed against the following criteria:
1. The importance, impact and interest of the topic
2. The role of sport and exercise science within this topic
3. The expertise of the development team
4. Its uniqueness to existing BASES Expert Statements.
How to apply
To view the Expert Statement Guidelines click here
For the Application Form click here
Existing Expert Statements click here