BASES inviting applications for Division Chair roles
13th July 2018
BASES is now inviting applications and expressions of interest for the following Division Chair roles:
- Chair of the Division of Biomechanics and Motor Behaviour
- Chair of the Division of Physical Activity for Health
- Chair of the Division of Physiology and Nutrition
- Chair of the Division of Psychology
- Chair of the Division of Sport and Performance.
BASES aims to promote equality and diversity in its recruitment policies and would like to encourage applications from groups that are under-represented within our membership and on the BASES Board, including female and black and minority ethnic members.
BASES Division Chair roles
- Develop and maintain a Division strategy providing direction, support and co-ordination for the Division.
- Provide a Division ‘network’ for members to engage with like-minded sport and exercise scientists.
- Lead the planning and implementation of Division projects.
- Oversee the organisation of Division Committee meetings and Division Events.
- Represent the interests of the Division by serving as a Director of the Association on the Board.
More information about roles, responsibilities and competency requirements can be found here.
Meetings: The BASES Board meets five times a year (three face-to-face meeting, two by conference call). Division meetings are normally twice a year. Additional deliberations may be conducted via e-mail between meetings, as required.
Term of Office: Division Chairs shall normally hold post for a two year period, with the option to re-apply to continue for another term.
Financial Policies: Service on the BASES Board and Division Committees is non-remunerative. Travel and meeting expenses for Committee members are reimbursed according to the policies and procedures of BASES.
How to Apply: Visit this page to download the application form. Completed applications should be e-mailed to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline: To be considered, applications must be received by 09:00 on Friday 5 October.