Call to Action: Expressions of interest - BASES Climate Change Action Team
11th January 2024
The BASES Climate Change Action Team (CCAT) was established in 2021 to enable the Association to play its part in tackling the climate change emergency. Due to an ambitious work programme, the CCAT is now looking to recruit new members to join the CCAT with immediate effect. We are seeking applicants from members with an interest in climate action and sustainability, with experience and/or specialism(s) in:
- Translational skills to summarise content within user-friendly styles.
- Organisational skills/experience with conference, seminar and/or webinar planning/delivery.
- Sustainability or sustainable practices/knowledge in teaching, research, laboratory, and applied environment.
- Climate change in Sport and Exercise Sciences, high performance sport, public health and/or occupation.
- Environmental extremes (specifically heat stress)
The incoming appointments will start their first term in March 2024, helping to continue the CCAT’s strategy.
If you are interested in applying for the roles, the terms of reference for the Group can be found here (CCAT 7, p34-35).
The appointment of the Team members will be via a formal, open and transparent recruitment process, with the aim of attracting the widest range of the most suitable talent. At BASES, we are committed to Fairness, Professionalism, Honesty, Responsibility and Excellence. We strive to improve our ways of working to be more inclusive and diverse, to accelerate our impact on society and live up to our Values. We acknowledge that we lack representation from various underrepresented groups and therefore strongly encourage applications that will amplify the voices of people with a disability, those from culturally and ethnically diverse backgrounds, women or gender diverse people in STEMM and members of the LGBTQIA+ community. Please notify the Chief Executive Officer (email@example.com) if you require reasonable adjustments throughout the recruitment process.
To apply, please submit a maximum of one page of A4, outlining:
- why you are volunteering for this role,
- what skills and experience you would bring to the CCAT,
- how you will improve equity, diversity, and inclusion within the context of the CCAT,
- any ideas you have about moving forward the work and priorities of the CCAT.
Please email this to firstname.lastname@example.org by 10 am on Wednesday 21 February 2024. Please mark this email as confidential and within the subject header, please add “BASES CCAT Application”.
The BASES CCAT and Chief Executive Officer will review all applications. The successful applicants will be announced in March 2024.
If any prospective applicant would like a confidential chat about the role, please contact Ian Wilson, BASES Chief Executive Officer (email@example.com) or Dr Ash Willmott, BASES Climate Change Action Team Chair (firstname.lastname@example.org).