Opportunity to get involved in BASES’ Division Committees and Advisory Groups
29th March 2022
A number of volunteers have now concluded their terms on BASES’ Standing Committees and Advisory Groups and we are currently going out to open advert for the following roles:
- Division Committee - Physical Activity for Health (x1): Postgraduate Student Rep*
- Division Committee - Physiology and Nutrition (x1): Postgraduate Student Rep*
- Division Committee – Psychology (x2): Postgraduate Student Rep* and Undergraduate Student Rep*
- Division Committee - Sport and Performance (x1): Undergraduate Student Rep*
- Equity, Diversity and Inclusion Advisory Group (x1): Undergraduate Student Rep
- The Sport and Exercise Scientist Editorial Group (x3): Physical Activity for Health Rep, Biomechanics Rep, Social Media Rep
* Division Student Reps (Postgrad and Undergrad) also sit on the BASES Student Advisory Group.
The respective terms of reference can be found here.
The appointment of these roles will be via a formal, open and transparent recruitment process, with the aim of attracting the widest range of the most suitable candidates from the BASES community. We are committed to equity, diversity and inclusion as part of our recruitment policies. We therefore encourage applications from the entire BASES community who meet the required criteria, but we particularly encourage applications from women, individuals from ethnically diverse communities, those who have a disability, or members of LGBTQ+ community. Please notify the Executive Director (firstname.lastname@example.org) if you require reasonable adjustments during the application process.
To apply for any of these current vacancies, please submit a single page of A4, outlining why you are volunteering for this role, what skills and experience you would bring to the Committee / Advisory Group, and any ideas you have about moving forward the work of the Committee / Advisory Group. Please email this to email@example.com by noon on Friday 29 April 2022. Please mark this email as confidential and within the subject header, please add the name of the Committee / Advisory Group you are expressing an interest in.
The BASES Board would like to thank all members who volunteer to drive forward the work of the Committees and Advisory Groups. The ability to achieve the objectives within the BASES’ strategy is reliant on the hard work and support of our members – thank you to all members who give up their time, energy and expertise to serve on the various Standing Committees and Advisory Groups.