Opportunity to get involved in BASES’ Division Committees and Advisory Groups
7th July 2023
Several volunteers have now concluded their terms on BASES’ Standing Committees and Advisory Groups, and we are currently going out to open advert for the following roles:
- Division Committee - Physiology and Nutrition: Undergraduate Student Rep*
- Division Committee – Psychology: Postgraduate Student Rep* and Undergraduate Student Rep*
- Division Committee - Sport and Performance: Membership Rep and Undergraduate Student Rep*
- Sport & Exercise Psychology Accreditation Advisory Group (SEPAR AG) - Deputy Chair, Candidate Rep and End-User Rep
- The Sport and Exercise Science Editorial Group - Social Media Rep, Physiology and Nutrition Rep, Learning & Teaching Rep and Biomechanics Rep.
- Clinical Exercise Physiology UK Group - End-user Rep
* Division Student Reps (Postgrad and Undergrad) also sit on the BASES Student Advisory Group.
The respective terms of reference can be found here.
The appointment of the above roles will be via a formal, open and transparent recruitment process, with the aim of attracting the widest range of the most suitable talent. At BASES, we are committed to Fairness, Professionalism, Honesty, Responsibility and Excellence. We strive to improve our ways of working to be more inclusive and diverse, to accelerate our impact on society and live up to our Values. We acknowledge that we lack representation from various underrepresented groups and therefore strongly encourage applications that will amplify the voices of people with a disability, those from culturally and ethnically diverse backgrounds, women or gender diverse people in STEMM and members of the LGBTQIA+ community. Please notify the Chief Executive Officer (firstname.lastname@example.org) if you require reasonable adjustments throughout the recruitment process.
If you would like to discuss any of the above roles in more detail, before making an application, please email the Chief Executive Officer (email@example.com).
To apply for any of these current vacancies, please submit a maximum of two pages of A4, outlining:
- why you are volunteering for this role,
- what skills and experience you would bring to the Committee / Advisory Group,
- how you will improve equity, diversity, and inclusion within the context of the Committee / Advisory Group you are applying for,
- and any ideas you have about moving forward the work and priorities of the Committee / Advisory Group.
Please email this to firstname.lastname@example.org by 10 am Friday 4 August 2023. Please mark this email as confidential and within the subject header, please add the name of the Committee or Advisory Group that you are expressing an interest in.