Recent appointments and current BASES vacancies
21st October 2021
Following recent open recruitment, a number of members have been appointed to various Committees and Groups:
- Division Committee: Biomechanics and Motor Behaviour
- Membership Representative - Dr Theodoros Bampouras
- Co-opted Member - Dr Romanda Dillon
- Division Committee: Physical Activity for Health
- Deputy Chair - Dr Daniel Bailey
- CPD Representative - Dr Anna Myers
- Division Committee: Physiology and Nutrition
- Deputy Chair - Dr Andy Galbraith
- Equity, Diversity and Inclusion Advisory Group
- Member - Thirsha de Silva
The BASES Board would like to thank all members who applied for the roles and wish to congratulate those appointed into the roles. The ability to achieve the objectives within the new strategy is reliant on the hard work and support of our members – thank you to all members who give up their time, energy and expertise to serve on the various Standing Committees and Advisory Groups.
There are still vacancies for the following roles:
- Awards Advisory Group – Member
- Equity, Diversity and Inclusion Advisory Group - Undergraduate Student Rep
- Physical Activity for Health Division - Membership Rep
- Psychology Division - Undergraduate Student Rep
- Sport and Performance Division - Undergraduate Student Rep.
The respective terms of reference can be found here.
To apply for any of these current vacancies, please submit a single page of A4, outlining why you are volunteering for this role, what skills and experience you would bring to the Committee / Advisory Group, and any ideas you have about moving forward the work of the Committee / Advisory Group. Please email this to email@example.com by noon on Friday 19 November 2021. Please mark this email as confidential and within the subject header, please add the name of the Committee / Advisory Group you are expressing an interest in.