Member vacancy - book, app and podcast review editor
17th May 2019
If you are energetic, highly organised, detail-oriented and up-to-date with current developments, then a position on The Sport and Exercise Scientist Editorial Advisory Board may be for you. We are looking for an individual to manage the ‘Reviews – books, apps and podcasts’ page in The Sport and Exercise Scientist. The role involves selecting books, apps and podcasts for review, obtaining reviewers, managing the review submission process through to publication, and liaising with the Editor.
Although the reviews editor’s primary duty will be managing the books, apps and podcasts reviews page, we expect this person to be a full member of The Sport and Exercise Scientist Editorial Advisory Board. We have four 90-minute reviewing and planning phone-meetings per year and e-mail correspondence in between.
Editorial Advisory Board members are normally appointed on a 2-3 years term.
How to apply
The application deadline is Friday 21 June. Please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- A brief CV
- A brief overview of relevant information about your suitability for the post based on the person specification and abilities below.
Please contact the Editor, Dr Claire Hitchings email@example.com
- Familiarity with current issues within sport and exercise sciences.
- Interest in books, apps and podcasts.
- Good degree (or equivalent).
- BASES member.
- Normally be expected to be BASES accredited or be able to demonstrate a level of experience and competence equivalent.
- Strong editing, proofreading and fact-checking skills.
- Excellent organisational, time management, communication, interpersonal and writing skills.
- Able to work closely with others in a team environment and independently.
- Able to achieve targets with tight deadlines.
- Able to network and build relationships with publishers, potential reviewers and BASES members.