Useful online articles - COVID-19
"Understanding Screen Addiction and Responsible Digital Use"
This guide offers:
- Informative insights into increased screen use during COVID-19 - with phone usage up by about 30% from pre-pandemic levels.
- Step-by-step advice on how to take control of your screen use by identifying triggers, scheduling screen time, and setting restrictions on your phone.
- Useful information on digital detoxers and dieters: 7 in 10 people have tried to moderate their digital consumption in some way, with 37% deleting an app and 27% turning off notifications.
- Quotes from experts appear throughout, along with useful links for further reading on the topic.
Feel free to check the full guide here: https://www.comparethemarket.com/broadband/content/screen-usage-guide/
An International Student's Guide to UK University (COVID-19)
This covers a lot of useful information, such as:
- A summary of the education sector’s response to COVID-19 and the impact it’s had on students - such as their mental health, which 83% of young people said has declined since the outbreak.
- How admission requirements and visa extensions are being handled according to the latest guidelines from Ofqual and the Home Office.
- What changes can be expected in the future - such as 97% of universities aiming to provide in-person learning once lockdown restrictions are lifted.
- A FAQ section, which addresses some of the most common concerns that international students might have.